Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Go Back to the Brady Bunch




I got told to "Go back to the Brady Bunch!" today. It was by a ten-year-old boy, in a group of children making fun of me for my broken umbrella.

"Excuse me, mister," a little girl said. "Your umbrella is upside down."
"It's not upside down," I explained. "It's broken."

Then I got told to go back to the Brady Bunch, and then I threw my umbrella in the trash when I got up to the corner.

Was I more upset about this than the day before, when the twentysomething on his stoop said "That's a fag right there"? I don't know. Children are different.

***

I did not go into the theater department today, but I e-mailed the lady. That counts for something. I think.

Loretta is going to Las Vegas today. We talked and finally smoothed some things over. It will never be perfect, but it doesn't always have to be craptastic, either.

No comments: