Sunday, October 28, 2007

Windy City

It is very windy this morning
In Brooklyn
I have no sweatshirts
Shivering like a Chihuahua
Life goes on

I will get employed this week
As if my life depends on it

My partner in music class hates me
And rightfully so
I believe it is proof
That this college thing
It's just not for me

I just don't have it in me
To work work work for two or three more years
And for what
A BFA does not get you work right away
Not in the same way that a business degree does

I told Loretta that I don't want to come home for Christmas
That I feel it's as if I am coming back pregnant
She told me it is like the equivalent

They are convinced I will somehow change my mind
But the damage is done
I made the decision a month ago
By not showing up
It's okay

"I don't want to get into it right now"
"We'll talk later"
My mother has hated my guts since I was 14
That comment is so completely unfair
But it is what it is

My girls from The UW
Are feuding profusely
In the movie in my mind
I decided to stay
As roommate #7
And I fix everything
Continue to be the glue

Bill O'Reilly sent his 12-year-old cameramen
To Rosie O'Donnell's book signing
Just to give her shit
I am more upset about it than she is
Not sure if that's logical

Grandma Shirley's opinion
Is the only one that hurts me

No comments: