Thursday, September 20, 2007

Today in New York

Today in New York ...

...I was actually on time for French class! This is because I thought there was a test today, but it turns out the test has been moved to Monday. Sweet life. Karma bit me in the ass because the whole time I was silently laughing at everyone for being stupid, and then when it was my turn to read out loud the answer, "Ils parlent le francais", it turns out I didn't read the sentence balloons carefully enough and the correct answer was actually "Ils parlent l'espagnol", and then all of the native Spanish speakers got mad at me.

...Then I had English class, where we got our papers back, and I haven't read my comments yet because I am worried and I will wait until I get drunk. Class was boring today and the only thing I noticed is that the teacher's eyes match his greying temples.

...Then I did laundry for my two-hour break, and rocked out on my iPod to '90s pop music. "Lost in an image/in a dream/but there's no one there to wake her up." Oh, Britney.

...Then I had acting class, and the teacher wrote nice comments on my journal and said I need to have confidence, and then I got assigned my acting partner, and his name is either Brendan or Brandon, I forget, but we are doing that play that's the new version of Charlie Brown when they're all grown up and gone bad, and all I remember is that Eliza Dushku originated the Lucy role Off-Broadway.

...Then I went to Supercuts and got an AWFUL, AWFUL HAIRCUT. I hate it! But on Monday, when I went to Chelsea to get my haircut, I went home having a panic attack because there were too many salons, and maybe a really shitty chain brand haircut was what I needed to give me the courage to go to a real salon next time. Still. I look like a cueball, and he didn't even fix the neck hair so it's still almost mullety in ways, and Diva is coming this weekend and I am going to have to wear a baseball cap to the club.

...I had to take the very crowded downtown-bound trains home, and an attractive young businessman had to rush against me on the way out and I felt bad. But someone works out! And that is the only action I have got this month.

...Then I went to the liquor store where they no longer ask for my ID, and I brought a brand of vodka recommended by the store owner, and his 10-year-old son told me my card was denied. Only in New York. (And I since used a different card, so there are no worries)

...I am using the magic white card right now, but it will run out soon. If I don't have a job by next week, I ... I don't know what I'll do. Maybe I will drop out of school and become a flight attendant.

1 comment:

Teddy Douglas said...

Happy to hear you are settling in to NY. Congrats for being on time to French. Next time you need a haircut call Glenn Jason (917-941-1602) believe the hype. Be well.