Wednesday, August 13, 2008

news and notes

I've been working for almost a month now at Walgreens in North Minneapolis. On the surface, I do not regret my decision; a job is a job, and some money is better than no money, blah blah blah. I only hate it when I'm not there, to be truthful. When I am there, I love my clientele, I love the customers, but when away I just can't help but feel that someone who scored well above the highest national average of his ACT's and ended up getting into a rather difficult university is now working at a Walgreen's in the hood. For that, I have only myself to blame, and therein lies a bunch of issues that I just don't want to go into, because in the end I am the one who has to take responsibility for how my life has ended up, and I think that's what sucks the most.

My current scheudule leaves me to party it up downtown about once a week. Of all the times I've gone out and been drunk this summer, I have fucked things up. Among these:

*Losing my iPod
*Getting poison ivy
*Drunkdialing and later drunk facebooking random boys from St. Thomas
*Walking through construction sites and ruining my shoes
*Losing a really cute shirt
*Getting stiffed on cab fare by alleged Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans
*Being overly affectionate with cherished friends, leading to potential awkwardness
*Drunkdialing people who I had previously cut out of my life because their presence proved more toxic than helpful, now having to roll their eyes when they call me back

There's a lesson here, I'm sure.

No comments: